Resumes we reject without reviewing!
Indus Net Technologies gets approximately 200 resumes per day from prospective employees who want to make a mark in the Internet service industry with us.
We thoroughly appriciate the level of interest shown in our organization. However more than 50% resumes gets rejected even without being reviewed. I thought I will explain the reasons for these rejections for the following reasons:
- To be more transparent
- To get more “valid” applications whom we can take to the “review” phase
So here are some top reasons, which disqualifies your application –
- Sending email to all companies in a blast with name of all companies and recruiters in the CC field of the email instead of the BCC field. We expect at least this much knowledge from a prospective recruit about net etiquites.
- Email without any “Subject”
- Emails “typed” in BLOCK letters!
Here are few things that really put us off, but not so much that we discard the application straight away –
- Attached resumes named as Cv.doc or 1.doc (Hey, whose resume is this?)
- No mention of the position for which the application is being made
- Sending applications with no content and just an attachment!
- Forwarded resumes. If you are forwarding from your “Sent items”, please at least spend some time formatting it.
- Unprofessionally formatted name and email address in the “From” field of the email
- Using “pet names” in the “From” field of the email
- Using “cool” names as email address
A good application will have the following properties:
- A well formatted “From field” which shows your full name that you use in all professional correspondance
- A properly formatted “Subject” which tells us about your core skill and experience in few words
- A short paragraph explaining which makes it evident that you are specifically applying at Indus Net Technologies. Try to explain why you want to join and what can you do for this organization. This will give us better reason to call you for an interview.
- Your full name and contact details in your signature
- Attachment of reasonable size and named properly (preferably your name and if you are smart and know how to market your skills, you will put in your skill area as well within the file name and still keep it a valid file name).
I look forward to receive your applications and see you at Indus Net Technologies.
Take care and all the best!
- AI & MI
- Big Data
- Buy Hours
- Data Analytics
- Data Security
- Dedicated Hiring
- Digital Buzz
- Digital Payment
- Enterprise Mobility
- Flexi Hiring Solutions
- Flexible Operation
- Hire Experts
- Home Automation
- Industry News
- Inside Indus Net
- Marketing Automation
- Mobile App
- Mobile Game
- Modern Lifestyle
- News @ Indus Net
- Social Media
- Time Management