How to Hire a Web Designer
Any business or individual will need to have a professional website in order to have an Internet presence. With internet access spanning tablets, smartphones and computers, it is important that someone who designs your website is experienced, qualified and knowledgeable in an array of factors. Thenceforth begins your search for a web designer. Let us take a look at the scenario.
Why Hire a Web Designer?
Web designers are professionals who build web pages and are responsible for the creative aspect of it. A website has to look as different as possible, and must reflect the character and personality of a company and the business it’s involved in.
- Web designers make sure that a website is visually and sensually attractive and eye-capturing.
- They also save time and enquire with clients what they imagine their ideal website to look like
- Most web designers have knowledge not only in designing attractive web pages, but also know certain amount of web development, programming, graphics, managing and maintaining websites, and marketing the website that you have just got created.
- While pure web developers can still create websites that look good, they may just use certain templates to do as, as they are more interested in the functionalities and programming that go behind creating a website. A web designer is specifically concerned with how a website looks and feels.
Thus, it is crucial to hire a web designer to save time, personalise your website and create a unique brand identity over the web.
When to Hire a Web Designer?
- When a company or individual requires a new website, blog or a webpage
- Web designers need to be hired when an existing website needs to be revamped or given a new look
- Altering the structure of an existing website and making it more social media friendly, or more visually attractive
- When there are aesthetic and interface issues with a website
- When there are issues with an already designed website
What are the “Must” Qualities to Look for in a Web Designer while Hiring?
Before hiring a website, one needs to look at a number of factors, ranging from academic, financial to previous work. Here are some of the basics that you need to explore before hiring a web designer.
One needs to look at a web designer’s portfolio whether he is experienced or a fresher. Live websites of what is given in the portfolio would help you to gauge how good a web designer is at his work. You might want to see if there are broken links within any of the websites mentioned in the portfolio, design errors, aesthetic blunders, typography and such.
- Business Website:
A good web designer would always a business website. He or the web designing company is an advertisement for the kind of work that you can expect. However, it doesn’t necessarily mean that a great business website translates to great work. However, it is one of the indications.
You must enquire how much they cost. In web designing, it is usually what you get for what you pay. However, it is important to know that this shouldn’t be your primary concern.
You would need to make sure that you can contact them after the work is completed and that they are always approachable. Look for a business telephone number in the place where they are based.
References can help you a lot. While you may not get the best designer in town, you certainly won’t get the worst either.
- Personal Interaction:
Interact with the designer, talk about designing, what they like, etc. general conversations can tell a lot of things about a person.
Whom Should You Never Hire?
Basically you must not hire a web designer who doesn’t meet the criteria above. To elucidate:
- Lack of portfolio and references:
There are many freelance web designers who either do not have portfolios or have a shoddy collection of templates in the name of a portfolio. Avoid them. Some also hesitate giving references. Again, a big no.
- Business Website:
A web designers website says a lot about him or his firm. If there are broken links or if the site doesn’t feature a sitemap there is no guarantee your website will be perfect. Avoid them too.
If a web designer demands more than 50% of the total sum upfront, you should avoid them as well.
- Web Designers who are Graphic Artists in Disguise:
Hiring Individual Designer vs. Hiring from an Outsourcing Agency
There are many advantages to hiring a web designer from an outsourcing agency than hiring an individual designer.
- Access to Other Professionals:
When you hire a web designer from an outsourcing agency, you are also getting connected to web developers, graphics designers, SEO professionals, programmers and engineers who may not be accessible through a single web designer.
- Lower Cost:
An outsourcing agency tends to receive a lot of work and thus the cost of designing a website would be significantly cheaper than getting it done from an individual designer.
- Quick Turnaround:
An outsourcing agency takes its business very seriously. With more hands at work, your website would be ready quickly.
A firm always receives more work than an individual designer. Thus, they carry that experience and knowledge.
An outsourcing agency would be used to dealing with all kinds of clients. This leads to versatile thinking and creative solutions.
- AI & MI
- Big Data
- Buy Hours
- Data Analytics
- Data Security
- Dedicated Hiring
- Digital Buzz
- Digital Payment
- Enterprise Mobility
- Flexi Hiring Solutions
- Flexible Operation
- Hire Experts
- Home Automation
- Hybrid Work
- Industry News
- Inside Indus Net
- Marketing Automation
- Mobile App
- Mobile Game
- Modern Lifestyle
- MSME Industry
- MSME News
- News @ Indus Net
- Remote Work
- Social Media
- Time Management